Old #4 Rod, Gun and Snowmobile Club Inc.
Range Safety Policy and Rules
Revised June 01, 2016
- Firearms will not be loaded with live ammunition until it is determined by the shooter that the range is cleared and safe to discharge the firearm. In the case of trap, the action may not be closed until it is the shooters turn to call for the bird.
- The use of hand throwers, spring throwers or any other clay bird throwers is PROHIBITED at the range at any time. Shooting at clay birds can only be done by shooting clay birds thrown by the PatTrap machine. If you would like to shoot at the clay birds, other than scheduled times, you need to contact a member trained in the use of the PatTrap.
- When on the firing line, All firearms will be pointed down range.
- All firearms will be kept with actions open when not in gun a case or on the gun rack, except holstered pistols and revolvers.
- Re-loaded ammunition may not be sold or bought on Club property.
- NO alcoholic beverages on club property.
- NO glass containers may be brought on the range.
- Please remove all of your trash and casings/brass.
- When shooting rifles and pistols make sure to fire at targets with backstop berms provided. Always fire down range making sure you know where your projectile will strike and stop. DO NOT FIRE AT THE BACK OF THE TRAP HOUSE.
- Do not give anyone your key or combination to the range.
- Club members are limited to only two guests at a time at the range. It is the responsibility and duty or the club member to brief any guest on the expected conduct while on club property.
- Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult when shooting or carrying firearms. Small children must be kept under supervision and away from shooting area.
- Safety glasses and hearing protection must be used during all shooting activities.
- ABSOLUTELY NO EXPLODING TARGETS ALLOWED. All commercially and homemade are banned.
- NO FULL AUTO. NO RAPID FIRE. NO THREE ROUND BURST. NO BUMP FIRE. NO DOUBLE TAPS ALLOWED. ROUNDS ARE NOT TO BE FIRED ANY FASTER THAN 1 ROUND EVERY FIVE SECONDS. Club sponsored events will supersede the above rule. (Example: Doubles for Trap shoots) Law Enforcement training/qualifying events approved by the club will also be allowed.
- Pistol/Revolver range (Range behind club house) is for any pistol/revolver and rimfire calibers only. Rimfire calibers refer to: 22 Short, .22 Long Rifle, .22WMR, .17 HM2, .17 HMR only. Use only paper or soft (self-healing) targets in the Pistol/Revolver Range area. No steel plates or metal targets of any kind.
- No .50 caliber. No cannons (No Exception) Muzzle Loading Rifle and Handguns are all allowed.
- Please be considerate of other shooters with regard to your time spent on the shooting line, so as to share the range equally.
- Paid members are to be given priority over guests.
- No shooting classes of any type are to be held on Club property unless approved by the Range Master or the Board of Officers.
- RULES MUST ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED OR YOU WILL RISK DISCIPLINARY ACTION UP TO AND INCLUDING THE LOSS OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP. YOUR CLUB APPLICATION INDICATES YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL RULES AND POLICIES OF THE RANGE. THESE RULES CAN BE AMENDED, CHANGED OR ALTERED AT ANY TIME BY THE CLUB’S RANGE MASTER OR BOARD OF OFFICERS.
If interested in becoming an officer of our club to help further its progress in the community, please start attending our monthly meetings to become eligible. Remember this is your club, come be a part of it. New officers bring fresh ideas and renewed interests Come out and do your part if you're a leader and enjoy our Club.